Creating Bookmarks, Subscribing, and Sharing content
This article discusses how to create bookmarks, subscribe to content, and share content.
Note: To perform any of these actions you must be a registered user and signed-in.
Adding bookmarks to your personal library is easy and a great way to manage frequently accessed knowledge base content. You can bookmark all articles within the knowledge base except for product pages and product sub-pages. This functionality is expected soon.
Perform the following procedure to add a bookmark to your library.
- Select an article within the knowledge base to bookmark. Example: Commissioning AKD.
- Select the Bookmark this button to create bookmark link in the right-hand navigation.
- To remove a bookmark from your list, select the Unbookmark this button.
Subscribing to content is a great way to stay up to date on specific topics such as product changes and technologies. This feature allows you to receive a notification when content is updated. Again, this feature is only available for articles.
Perform the following procedure to subscribe to content.
- Select an article within the knowledge base to subscribe. Example: EtherCAT Bus topic.
- Select the Subscribe button to receive content notification updates.
- Select the Unsubscribe button to stop receiving content notification updates.
Using the Email this Article button makes sharing content easy and is useful to pointing others to a specific topic such as a support landing page, procedures, or applications notes. At this time this feature is only available for articles.
Perform the following procedure to share content with others.
- Select an article within the knowledge base to share. Example: AKD Profinet Fieldbus Support Landing Page
- Select the Email this Article button.
- In the Send To field enter as many email addresses as desired separated by commas.
- If desired add a message in the Personal Message field and select Send Message to email.
- Alternatively, you can copy the URL for any page and use your native email application to distribute.
- For downloads, right-click on any link and select Copy link address. You can then paste in your native email application to distribute.