Etiquette and Rules for KDN
Thank you for participating in this community. As it is a community, we have a few guidelines for participation. The guidelines are presented in two version, The One Minute Version which provides very general guidelines, and The Long Version which is the "TL;DR" (Too Long;Didn't Read) version, which offers advice and some ground rules.
The One Minute Version
First and foremost: As this is a resource for Kollmorgen and its customers (both company-to-customer, and customer-to-customer), keep it professional. Be courteous, and do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or know that it came from you. For a more complete set of guidelines, see "The Long Version".
Second: This is a publicly accessible space. Be aware of your privacy and your company's intellectual property (IP) when posting to the Community. As this is a place where you can get assistance from Kollmorgen, you will need to share certain types of information with Kollmorgen. If you are requesting help, a Kollmorgen rep will be assigned to your request and will contact you privately.
Third: Registering on the site is required for certain types of assistance. Registration information is stored in our system, but user information is kept strictly within the company. We do not, and never will share, distribute, or sell any of your information. The information is used strictly to support you, our customer. Please see our Privacy Statement if you have any questions.
Fourth: This site encourages discussion, including differences of opinion, but Kollmorgen reserves the right to remove content which is contrary to the sites rules, such as offensive or defamatory posts, and posts which are deemed to be solicitations.
Fifth: Do not post any controlled information. This includes older versions of firmware which do not meet export compliance rules. Any posts which include this type of information will be removed. See the article Dual Use for information on controlled firmware.
The Long Version
Be respectful of other members (including moderators) and their opinions, even if you disagree with them. We encourage subjective opinions and discussions of individual experiences and perceptions. A difference of opinion can be expressed without insults and bullying. Discussions about moderation should take place via private message, and not be posted on the site.
Always remember that any personal information you reveal can be obtained and used by others. Please do not post personal information that you do not want to be publicly available, and do not post the personal information of others.
Please post each question or request for technical assistance in one thread only. If you post the same question in more than one place in the community, it will be very difficult for other members to unite to assist you.
While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, Kollmorgen expects users of KDN to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of KDN is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this section; any failure to comply may also result in termination of your access to KDN. You agree that you will not:
- Use harassing, threatening, insulting, abusive, violent, discriminatory (racist, sexist, etc.), hateful, hostile, obscene, profane, or defamatory language. This applies to usernames and subject lines as well as to the text of your posts, and includes the use of characters such as *, #, or $ to replace letters in otherwise prohibited language.
- Post, transmit, or otherwise make available, through or in connection with KDN:
- Anything that is or may be protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right.
- Anything that contains pornography or is sexually explicit.
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability or that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense.
- Any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware or software.
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme” or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
- Use KDN for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of KDN.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including any representative of Kollmorgen or its affiliates; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; or express or imply that Kollmorgen endorses any statement you make.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of KDN or the servers or networks used to make KDN available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using KDN (including by hacking or defacing any portion of KDN).
- Use KDN to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services without Kollmorgen's express prior written consent.
- Post any trade secrets or confidential or proprietary information that does not belong to you, and do not post any content that violates a nondisclosure agreement.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to KDN (including any content, Software and other materials available through KDN).
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of KDN (including any content, Software and other materials available through KDN), except as and solely to the extent expressly authorized under applicable law overriding any of these restrictions.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from KDN or content, Software and other materials originating from KDN.
- Frame or mirror any part of KDN without Kollmorgen's express prior written consent.
- Create a database by systematically downloading and storing all or any KDN content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of KDN, without Kollmorgen’s express prior, written consent.
- Engage in off-topic political or religious discussion.
- Create and/or post from multiple accounts.
- Post links to websites, blogs, social groups, etc., for the purpose of driving traffic to them.
If you are victim of, or witness to inappropriate content in any of the Community's discussion threads, resource libraries, or member profiles, please notify Kollmorgen immediately by emailing our Site Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org.