Incremental Encoder with Hall
Valid for S300, S400, S600, S700
Incremental encoders with Hall Sensors are a combination of incremental signals for positioning and Hall signals for commutation. The incremental signals can have 5V (TTL) level or 24V level. Encoders with Hall and 5V-TTL signals are called ComCoder.
This technology is common in the USA and coming up in Europe due to some advantages.
- Resolution is higher than with a Resolver
- Usually good price/performance ratio
- No Wake and Shake required for commutation
- With Kollmorgen servo amplifiers 15 pole feedback cables are required
4 x incremental, 4 x power supply + sense, 3 x Hall, 2 x thermo, 2 x zero pulse
- not really usual in Europe
|HALL||X10||X1||X2||X1 -> Dongle||X1||X1|
|5V Incr. encoder||X10||X1||X2||X1 -> Dongle||X1||X1|
|24V Incr. encoder||-||X3||-||-||-||X3|
More information refer to Hall Sensors.